Speaking and teaching- Chris Orr brings weather experience and knowledge to you. Chris will bring lively discussion to your group on any one of a variety of weather topics, from small community groups to conferences, to university lectures and business meetings.
“As a professional speaker, I customize my presentations to the audience at hand, and work to bring relevance to weather and how it impacts society. Mixing case studies, stories, and actionable recommendations together with humor, easy-to-understand language, and a dynamic presenting style, I provide much more than buzzwords and back-patting. I give you inspiration for action.”
From keynoting major events to presenting to your private business meeting, Chris’ efforts are in helping organizations adopt the wealth of weather information available and derive value from their use.
Chris will speak on any topic you’d like. These have been popular in recent years:
- Weather and Risk Management: What We Can Forecast (And What We Can’t)
(Also available as a workshop)
- Climate Change: In Context, Balancing Natural and Human Influences
- The State of Weather Forecasting
- Society and Weather
- The Merging of Social Media and Weather Information
- How Weather Influenced Historical Events
- Workshop: Long-range Weather Forecasting 6-months to 1-year
Contact Chris to schedule him for your event. March, April and June have only a couple of openings available.
Comments or questions are welcome.